The information here is the core of all of my Leadership Coaching.
These Key Leadership Principles are the core of my Communications, Coaching, Motivation and Conflict Resolution (i.e. Leadership) Training:
- Esteem – Always maintain or elevate the other person’s self-esteem
- Empathy – Listen and respond with Empathy
- Involvement – Ask & encourage Involvement
- Share – Share your thoughts, feelings and rational to build trust
- Support – Provide support without taking away responsibility
The Discussion model is the core of every conversation as an Effective Leader:
- Open – State the business purpose & importance of the discussion
- Clarify – Seek & share info regarding situation to be sure all involved are discussing the same issue
- Develop – Seek & Discuss ideas/answers that can resolve the issue or produce a better process/result
- Agree – Specify Actions & how to measure that everyone achieves their stated action(s)
- Close – Highlight Importance & Confirm Commitment from everyone involved to assure success
One of my Leadership programs included the following conversation slides:
- Communications Slide Deck Part 1
- Communications Slide Deck Part 2
- Coaching Individuals and Teams
- Motivating Employees Basics
- Conflict Resolution Basics
- Time Management Basics
- Teddy Burriss Universal Discussion Guide
Note – I can’t display the slide decks because they were developed for a specific client.
My Dale Carnegie training has been a significant part of my leadership style and coaching. I jokingly call the Dale Carnegie Golden Book my shotgun.
Please reach out to me if you have any questions or if I can help you in any way.
Burriss Consulting, Inc. – Social Media Trainer and Coach