Each year I choose a Word of the Year to guide me towards success in everything I do in life.
2014 Word of the Year – #NoLimit. Yes, I know that was actually two words. I convinced myself it was one word by putting a # in front of the combined word.
#NoLimit was how I moved myself past being a local LinkedIn Coach & Trainer. I picked up clients across the country and even in other countries. I also moved myself past what I referred to as easy clients and began taking on larger clients and projects. Believing in myself is how I progressed in this year of #NoLimit.
2015 Word of the Year – Focus.
Focus on what I do best, what I should be doing and what I can do to create value for others. This Word of the Year guided me to be more deliberate, clear, concise and successful because I had the mindset to stay focused on the activity, task, person, project, article, video, conversation, etc, etc. Focus helped me to achieve more because I became more focused on the right thing at the right time.
So, here I am. The end of 2015 and the need to choose a word or phrase that will again help me to achieve the goals I have set for myself and my business.
I want a word that I will be serious with and believe it can help me in the upcoming year and beyond.
I want a word that when I share it with others, they too can benefit from the word, it’s meaning and the impact it can have on their life.
I want a word that fuels my overall business plans, while also supporting my personal life style, beliefs and goals.
I want a word that helps me stay true to my Purpose and Goals…. Purpose. Maybe.
Purpose, here is an idea.
As a noun Purpose means, “the reason for which something is done or created.”
As a verb Purpose means, “have as one’s intention or objective.”
The synonyms for Purpose include, “Motivate, Motivation, Grounds, Cause, Occasion, Reason, Point, Basis, Justification”
Quotes that helped me choose Purpose as my 2016 Word of the Year
- “I believe I’m here for a reason and My Purpose is Greater than my Challenges!” ~ Jon Gordon“He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
- “The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- As we learn and grow our Purpose becomes more clear and our desire to fulfill our Purpose becomes even more intense. ~ TLBurriss
- “The best things in life make you sweaty.”~ Edgar Allan Poe
- “Your purpose in life is to find your purpose and give your whole heart and soul to it” ~ Gautama Buddha
- “I want to live my life in such a way that when I get out of bed in the morning, the devil says, “aw shit, he’s up!” ~ Steve Maraboli
- “Nothing is more creative… nor destructive… than a brilliant mind with a purpose.” ~ Dan Brown
- “Carve your name on hearts, not tombstones. A legacy is etched into the minds of others and the stories they share about you.” ~ Shannon L. Alder
- “What am I living for and what am I dying for are the same question.” ~ Margaret Atwood
- “Find a purpose to serve, not a lifestyle to live.” ~ Criss Jami
- “Your greatest self has been waiting your whole life; don’t make it wait any longer.” ~ Steve Marabol
- “Those who have failed to work toward the truth have missed the purpose of living.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Need I go on more? Maybe, but that’s another article
Let’s see how this sounds;
Yes, this is it!
“Purpose is my Word of the Year for 2016.”
My Purpose is just this, My Purpose. It’s not necessarily your purpose. However, because of our relationship in business, career, community and family, I am sure that my Purpose will have a positive effect on you. Because my Purpose is to have a positive impact on people in the way that our businesses, careers, communities, families, i.e “lives” come together.
I, like many others, have discovered that “as we learn and grow our Purpose becomes more clear and our desire to fulfill our Purpose becomes even more intense.” ~ TLBurriss
So, the choice has been made.
“Purpose” is my Word of the Year for 2016.
I’m already pumped up as to how I am going to show respect for this upcoming year. I will put all of my energy into fulfilling my Purpose. I will stay Focused on this and know that there is #NoLimit to what I will be able to achieve now that I have chosen Purpose as my Word of the Year for 2016.
I will put all of my Heart, Desire & Energy into my Purpose.
Please join me.