Each year I choose a “Word of the year.”
I choose a word of the year as a reminder of the actions, behaviors and attitudes I need to be successful in my life, business and community.
In 2013 my word of the year was “#NoLimit.” I know, it’s really two words. I think I got away with calling it one word by removing the space and adding the #HashTag.
2013 was a good year for me. My business grew that year. I built new coaching and seminar programs and finished yet another book. I used my word of the year, #NoLimit to keep me from bringing up barriers as excuses.
Last year, 2014, I adopted “Deliberate” as my word of the year. Over the past year I made deliberate decisions of what I should do to grow my business and create success in my life and community. I joined Piedmont ATD, worked to build relationships with more community colleges, associations and international businesses. I also deliberately spent more time on LinkedIn and became a LinkedIn Author. I made a deliberate decision to build a YouTube Channel and to start publishing videos about social medias as a business tool.
This year, 2015, I want to choose another word of the year that can help me create even more success in my life, business and community.
Over the past year I have been speaking regularly to businesses, individuals and groups about the best practices of social media, how to create business value using LinkedIn and how to build relationships that create opportunities. During each public speech or conversation I’ve had, I can clearly remember using one particular word, “Focus.”
I know what word I want to use for my
My 2015 Word of the Year is “Focus”
This will be a good decision for me personally and my business.
- I’m going to Focus on the stuff that is important.
- I’m going to Focus on the right actions, behaviors and attitudes that will create success in my life, business and community.
- I’m going to Focus on giving and sharing my knowledge and ideas.
- I’m going to Focus on learning, getting better at what I do and becoming the best I can at all I do.
- I’m going to Focus on growing my networks and building relationships that are mutually beneficial.
- I’m going to Focus on positive in all I do, say and think.
I am going to Focus on the things that are and will be important in my life, business and community.
This will be my Word of the Year for 2015