My Annual Message
brought to you by MailChimp
Last week I sent out my Annual Email Campaign. I have been sending this message for 7 years now.
Here are the statistics from this year’s message:
Last year the message went out to 5367 people.
This year the message went out to 7012 people. 30.65% increase.
I sent the message out in four different campaigns:
- Thu Dec 11, 2014 01:30 pm – 33.4% Opens / 5.4% Clicks
- Wed Dec 10, 2014 01:00 pm – 36.9% Opens / 3.2% Clicks
- Tue Dec 09, 2014 08:00 am – 34.9% Opens / 3.5% Clicks
- Mon Dec 08, 2014 08:00 am – 34.5% Opens / 2.8% Clicks
*According to MailChimp, these individual campaigns received more than twice the average Opens & Clicks.
This leads me to believe that Thursdays at 1:30pm are best for people clicking on links and Wednesday at 1pm is best for email opens.
The message was opened in the following countries:
This validates my proclamation of being World Renowned.
- 368 (5.24%) email addresses kicked back as bad or undeliverable (Hard or Soft Bounces)
- 119 (1.7%) of these email addresses came directly from LinkedIn.
- 249 (3.55%) were from my personal contacts in Google Apps.
As of 12/15/14:
- 51 (0.72%) people decided to click on Unsubscribe.
- 160 (2.28%) new subscribers to my Burriss Consulting Social Media blog from this campaign.
- 84 (1.2%) individual email replies came back from this message.
I love my network(s) and MailChimp.
I appreciate each of you.